Colne Bank School of Dancing is committed to protecting personal data in line with the Data Protection Act of 1998 from 25 May 2018 in compliance with GDPR.
Colne Bank School of Dancing continues to adhere to the principles of the Data Protection Act that require that personal data is:
• processed fairly, lawfully and transparently
• collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
• adequate, relevant and limited
• accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
• kept for no longer than is necessary
• processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data
Colne Bank School of Dancing processes personal information to enable us to administer our dancers’ records, registering our dancers for examinations, and for activities including fundraising, maintaining our own accounts and records and to support and manage our staff and volunteers. We process personal information about our members, dancers, volunteers, staff, supporters and sponsors.
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
• personal details
• family details / responsible person details
• lifestyle / social circumstances
• financial details
• employment and education details
• health and health administration details
We do not hold or request any data that is not relevant, and only request the limited information that we require. We update our database yearly to ensure accuracy, and request that people keep us updated where necessary. We do not hold data for anyone who is no longer involved with the school in whatever way. Any paper records are held securely in a locked cabinet in a secure room and shredded after the season in which they are pertinent.
We will never share your information with companies outside Colne Bank School of Dancing with the exception our examination board the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing I.S.T.D, who require details as and when you are entered for examinations.